In November 1924 KFRQ began operation on 1410kc. KFRQ was owned by Radio Market Service Co.(Harry M. Schultz). Studio & transmitter were located in Portland (address unknown). KFRQ programming was used to promote stock sales for the Allen Brokerage Co.(H.M. Allen). Mr. Allen had a reputation for shoddy business practices, duping prospective clients. The Brokerage Co. would broadcast stock quotes "In Code" over the station.
The Bureau of Navigation, Radio Division was not equipped to deal with these shady stations. Laws were not being enforced. This would all change April 24, 1927 when the FRC (Federal Radio Commission) took control.
KFRQ went dark in June 1925, probably when all it's listeners caught on.