Check the roster to see if your Grandfather was a member or maybe an old acquaintance.
The Morning Oregon, March 17, 1912, section 2, page 6. Pictures were also featured with some of the more notable members with there apparatus.
"The Oregon State Wireless Association" was formed in December 1911 by teenage boys. There was an earlier Portland association in 1910 called "The Rose City Wireless Club" but it was said to be a weak association and disbanded. The Oregon State Wireless Association held meetings at the Y.M.C.A. Building at 6th & Taylor Streets.
The Oregon State Wireless Association officers were: Charles L. Austin, President; John R. Kelly, Secretary & Clarence L. Bischoff, Sergeant at Arms. Some members owned 10,000 volt stations which reached Alaska and to San Francisco. Here is an alphabetical listing of all members with home address when possible, where the amateur stations were:
Charles L. Austin (651 East Salmon St.)
Byron J. Beattie (830 Rodney Ave.)
Clarence L. Bischoff (109 2nd St., S. Lents)
Harry Hamilton (Forest Grove, Oreg.)
John R. Kelly (5414 55th St.)
Ray W. Kuykendall (5311 72nd S.E.)
Clyde Macrum (185 East 13th St.)
Lyle D. McCumsey (188 East 6th St.)
Earl McKinney (155 Alberta St.)
Edward A. Murray (1204 East Salmon St.)
Edwin T. Peterson
G.M. Schwartz (127 East 16th St.)
Gerald Scrutton (330 East 35th St.)
Mark Skiff (Salem, Oreg.)
Herbert R. Slocum (47 East 9th St.)
Charles W. Storg
Gus A. Swan (Silverton, Oreg.)
Herman S. Wallace
Lester T. White (155 East 6th St.)