archive2009-14.pdxradio.com » Politics and other things

911 call from Aborted Georgia School Shooting: Unbelievable!

(19 posts)

1. Andrew

An unarmed school bookkeeper named Antoinette Tuff is a hero. She talked a near mass-murderer into surrendering. If you haven't listened to her 911 call, give it a listen - it's pretty amazing:

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/08/21/listen-911-call-from-georgia-school-shooting-how-a-staffer-saved-lives/

Posted on August 21, 2013 - 10:27 PM #
  2. paulwalker

Yes, I heard this earlier on CNN. A real hero, no doubt about it. Despite what the media says, there are some good people out there, and she is one of the them. Brought tears to my eyes.

Posted on August 21, 2013 - 10:34 PM #
  3. Andrew

You know, a lot of us might have frozen in that situation - panicked, said the wrong thing, whatever. And that could have provoked the guy to start shooting and killing dozens of kids and adults. But that woman - wow, she was so cool! I hope she is duly recognized for her heroism.

Posted on August 21, 2013 - 11:26 PM #
  4. Skybill9

"But that woman - wow, she was so cool!"

Wow is right! Talk about cool under pressure!

She truly is a hero.

Posted on August 22, 2013 - 12:27 AM #
  5. duxrule

Paraphrasing the NRA: "All it takes is one good person with a strong will to take down one bad person." I notice that she didn't have a gun.

Posted on August 22, 2013 - 06:08 AM #
  6. Valerie ring

I always wonder why certain people are at certain places at a certain time.

Posted on August 22, 2013 - 09:04 AM #
  7. Alfredo_T

I think that is just a way that humans look at near-misses. Sadly, Virginia Tech and Columbine didn't have Ms. Tuff.

Posted on August 22, 2013 - 12:30 PM #
  8. kennewickman

the guy was disturbed but had some sense of his wrong behavior, off his meds and a solution to his problem ( as in go the hospital) .. brought to the for front by the level headed and kindly attitude of our heroine.

Posted on August 22, 2013 - 03:18 PM #
  9. Uncle Mort

Better known as "Tuff Love". :-)

Posted on August 22, 2013 - 04:41 PM #
  10. paulwalker

Anderson Cooper interviews hero tonight. She credits her belief in God on how she handled it. She is convincing with this argument. While you can all disagree about the existence of God, you can't disregard that this belief helped her in this situation.

Posted on August 22, 2013 - 05:30 PM #