archive2009-14.pdxradio.com » Politics and other things

1. darth talon

When I was in the Army and had to learn how to use the M-60 and the M240. We first used blanks so we would learn about the recoil of the weapon. Then when we moved to using bullets. The belt was only seven bullets long. That way we could feel what the recoil really was.

Also we did the same thing with magazine weapons. Learn with blanks. The with real bullets. The magazine only had six bullets in it. Of course the main weapon used by the military today isn't a automatic weapon. It only fires a single shot or a three round burst.

And this person at the shooting range was foolish for handing a fully loaded automatic weapon to a young girl that never fired one before. That's a new level of stupid.

Posted on August 27, 2014 - 08:56 PM #
  2. missing_kskd

Yep, same training here too, different weapon though. M16.

I do think young people should get gun education. And that should be true so long as we have so many guns with so little control over them.

This education can be done without a freaking Uzi. Whoever thought that up? Let's just say Darwin candidates and leave it at that.

Posted on August 27, 2014 - 09:53 PM #
  3. Skybill9

"I do think young people should get gun education."

Absolutely.

An Uzi? That's just plain stupid.

That gun weighs 8-9 lbs. The recoil in full auto would cause the barrel to rise and most likely track to the left.

In full auto there is enough kick and momentum that some adults probably couldn't control it.

I feel sorry for the girl. She is going to carry the memory of that accident for her whole life.

Posted on August 27, 2014 - 10:20 PM #
  4. skeptical

"She is going to carry the memory of that accident for her whole life."

This happens EVERY DAY -- for every gun successfully used in self defense that kills a perp, 24+ people are killed by via "unintentional" firing.

You owe this forum 23 more "boo-hoos" for these other people scarred for life.

Posted on August 27, 2014 - 11:22 PM #
  5. Skybill9

"You owe this forum 23 more "boo-hoos" for these other people scarred for life."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw32fiasUSs

Posted on August 28, 2014 - 09:44 AM #