archive2009-14.pdxradio.com » Politics and other things

1. duxrule

Big whoop. Go see if you can get a gig with Fox.

Posted on November 5, 2014 - 10:07 AM #
  2. duxrule

Sorry, double post.

Posted on November 5, 2014 - 10:08 AM #
  3. Andrew

Congratulations, Jerry. You distrusted the polls in 2012 and were dead wrong; in 2014, you got it right. I'll continue to trust the polls, though, because they didn't predict the same thing you did.

Posted on November 5, 2014 - 10:13 AM #
  4. jerry1949

Thank you Andrew. I did trust the polls this time, but I also added my own gut feeling that it would be better than what the polls reflected.

In 2012 I believed all the "unskewing the polls" nonsense, as well as put too much trust in one national poll. This time I took all polls into consideration as well as Nate Silver, who I have found to be thorough and honest. He was biased towards the Democrats this time, but that wasn't his fault, since the polls were skewed by 4 points towards them, but not by design. That's just the way it goes. They could be skewed in favor of the Republicans next time.

I was way wrong in 2012. I have eaten my crow for that one. I'm waiting for Vitalogy to show up and give his concession speech and enjoy his.

@dux Great idea. I made a call and I'm waiting to hear back from them. I have the proof right here that I can do better than Dick Morris.

Posted on November 5, 2014 - 12:16 PM #
  5. Andrew

I made few predictions for 2014 other than that Republicans were likely to take the senate - I've been saying that for over a year. I also expected Scott Walker would win re-election easily. Some of these elections are as much about the candidates running as the politics - and Wisconsin Dems once again put up a poor candidate.

Sam Brownback winning re-election in Kansas I did not see coming - but most pundits didn't, it seems.

Massachusetts Dems: nominated loser candidate Martha Coakley AGAIN - REALLY???? How f'ing stupid could you be?

Posted on November 5, 2014 - 12:28 PM #
  6. NoParty

Jerry(UF&UB), you better hope your CONs get their shit together and stop their NO on everything bullshit or 2016 will be as disastrous for you as this year was for Dems.

Posted on November 5, 2014 - 04:51 PM #